Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across this low mileage 2017 Smart Prime early this year, and immediately fell in love with it. Low mileage, fantastic condition, and the nice Brabus sports options made it something I couldn't pass up. I do have a few questions, however. If I can't find the answers here somewhere, I'll post them here.

Dave in Sacramento

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Welcome! Beautiful car. I’ve had my 2016 Passion for almost 5 years and love it still. Fewer than 10,000 of the 453s were imported to the U.S. Many fewer than of the 451s. Ask away and we will try to assist.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pressing question right now is one I hesitate to ask, as I suspect the answer should be obvious. I need to open the service cover, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to remove the lock cover, so I can unlock and open it up.

Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice video... one I wish I'd have found on day one. That's pretty much how I expected the thing to come off, however unfortunately mine stubbornly refuses to let go. I don't think there's anything more I can do without risking damage to the cover itself, so it looks like something to let the dealer sort out on my next visit.

Dave

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Very nice video... one I wish I'd have found on day one. That's pretty much how I expected the thing to come off, however unfortunately mine stubbornly refuses to let go. I don't think there's anything more I can do without risking damage to the cover itself, so it looks like something to let the dealer sort out on my next visit.

Dave
The last part of movement of each latch can be a bit stiff. Won’t release unless each latch is fully open.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The last part of movement of each latch can be a bit stiff. Won’t release unless each latch is fully open.
I haven't even made it to the latch part. I can't get the cover off that gives access to the lock.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I haven't even made it to the latch part. I can't get the cover off that gives access to the lock.
Not certain what you mean. The covers do not come off, they swing out to allow access to the lock. They don’t come locked from the factory so, unless locked by previous owner, they ma not be locked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts