Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out a guy is road tripping across the US and video/blogging it . . . in a smart. I'm suprised there isn't much mention of this on the forums yet. His website could do a better job of being clear where he is--maybe he should get Google Lattitude or something

He visits George Bush Sr. and it seems he has a smart too!

World Of Hurt - Harry Hurt Hits The Road!

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
I like his humor in the "pick a really smart car" portion of his page.

I know he'll enjoy the trip. Too bad he isn't driving a Smart Madness custom smart car. He would have probably had more fun.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Another interesting point is that the salesman that sold him the car under the video tab recommends an oil change ever 5k miles.

·
Premium Member
5,298 Posts
I didn't see any dates on the site...has he finished this yet? from a few of the other websites it looks like he did this last year, but not really sure..

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I just found out a guy is road tripping across the US and video/blogging it . . . in a smart.

Enh... It's been done.

By me.

~11,000 miles all over the US in ~ten weeks, this past April, May, and June, finishing up with a west-to-east run across Route 66 end-to-end. Last summer it was a 4,000-mile lap of the eastern half of the US, more or less - MI to Dallas, to Sarasota, back to Michigan up US27/US127.

The fortwo really is a decent cross-country runner, as long as you don't feel the need to pack everything you own, including the kitchen sink.

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
But what if you NEED a kitchen sink..... Just kidding. I put a few miles on my smart in the last year, lots of fun!!

·
Premium Member
5,298 Posts
I just got an email back from Harry Hurt about the road trip:

"road trip was june 2009 thr mid-December 2009...now working on book for internet release in fall "Harry Hits the Road... And the Road Hits Back""

I did invite him to the Dragon in my reply.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Another interesting point is that the salesman that sold him the car under the video tab recommends an oil change ever 5k miles.
When we bought our smarts (two 2009 passions) out of Denver, that's what they told us too. So from the first 5k on, we've had the oil changed at that interval.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts