Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I have one. Ordered one because my 09 only came with one key. Good deal ??? Every locksmith has said they could cut the key and some said the could "try" and program it, but None would Guarantee it would work because it wasn't bought from them.
I still only have one key. For me $150 to have a something cut, programed only for it to "maybe" work is more than I want to spend. Make sure you get a assurance from your locksmith, that it will work when he is done or a refund.
Good luck and please keep us updated.
JL

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
The Autel 906BT is one $$$$$ scan tool, over $1,000 bucks. Be a lot cheaper, having the new key, program at the dealership.
$15 key is a great deal, as long as you have a $1000 scan tool to program the key, instead of having to depend on a locksmith as us common people have to. Kind of like those folks who have tools, knowledge, room and the want to DIY on their cars, who always suggest " Oh you can change, fix or repair that yourself."

Truly, MOST car/truck owners just like to get in their vehicles turn the key or push a button, put the vehicle in drive or reverse and drive away. No muss. No fuss, no maybe it will go into reverse, maybe not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.