Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
The Autel 906BT is one $$$$$ scan tool, over $1,000 bucks. Be a lot cheaper, having the new key, program at the dealership.
$15 key is a great deal, as long as you have a $1000 scan tool to program the key, instead of having to depend on a locksmith as us common people have to. Kind of like those folks who have tools, knowledge, room and the want to DIY on their cars, who always suggest " Oh you can change, fix or repair that yourself."

Truly, MOST car/truck owners just like to get in their vehicles turn the key or push a button, put the vehicle in drive or reverse and drive away. No muss. No fuss, no maybe it will go into reverse, maybe not.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Truly, MOST car/truck owners just like to get in their vehicles turn the key or push a button, put the vehicle in drive or reverse and drive away. No muss. No fuss, no maybe it will go into reverse, maybe not.
Yet they complain how expensive any minor thing costs. I'm sure this isn't the cheapest thing that will program a key, just the one that I have. If you have a clone Star tool for a few hundred bucks, that may work too.

·
Registered
370 Posts
TBH if I needed a key programmed right now, of rather pay the 1k, buy the scan tool and program it myself then pay somebody 150$ to do it for me. Even though I don't work on cars for a living. I just work on mine and I'm sure it would come in handy again. I just genuinely despise dealerships and 99% of mechanics. They are usually come that will do the work just good enough and I hate that.
Yet they complain how expensive any minor thing costs. I'm sure this isn't the cheapest thing that will program a key, just the one that I have. If you have a clone Star tool for a few hundred bucks, that may work too.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts