Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I actually have one i'm kinda looking to sell..... and no, it still uses the factory amp. I'm kinda talking with the people at AudioSources.net who makes those head units trying to tell them exactly what they need to do because their current wiring harness does not have the required connection for the remote wire to turn on the factory amp for the 8-speaker JBL system.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
I actually have one i'm kinda looking to sell..... and no, it still uses the factory amp. I'm kinda talking with the people at AudioSources.net who makes those head units trying to tell them exactly what they need to do because their current wiring harness does not have the required connection for the remote wire to turn on the factory amp for the 8-speaker JBL system.
Mine has the remote wire.:shrug: I used it to turn on my 4 channel amp and the sub woofer amp.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Not saying it doesn't have the remote wire. It's there. It's just that it'd be helpful if that were connected to the required pin on the factory harness to turn on the factory amp so that the speakers would actually work. Ever since I bought the head unit, I've had the whole setup kinda jury-rigged with some electrical tape and a rubber-coated twist-tie that i stripped some of the ends off of each side and stuck it through the proper hole of the provided harness into the factory harness. I've tried finding other wire harnesses at best buy and such that uses the same pins, but they all seem like they're just a HAIR too large to fit through.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it still uses the factory amp.

their current wiring harness does not have the required connection for the remote wire to turn on the factory amp for the 8-speaker JBL system.
So it does use the factory amp but only if you splice a bunch of wires yourself?

Would you recommend getting this thing or not? Currently I just use my cell phone to stream Sirius/XM into the stereo and talk on the phone sometimes.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
well... not a bunch of wires. just one. Easy to do... just annoying until they actually fix it themselves and (hopefully) send me a new harness with the wire where it should be.

It's not bad. Audio quality, to me, seems much improved over the factory head unit.... which is no surprise considering you have more than just bass and treble to adjust. One annoying bit is that I can't seem to get phone mirroring to work with it. I dunno.

Like i said... looking to sell mine if at all possible for $250 shipped... which is the actual unit price itself, minus the cost for shipping and the paypal fee which brought it up to about $325 or so when i ordered it. I have a post in the Smart Parts Marketplace here in the forums.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What is the brand and model name of this system? And where I can read about it and order it?

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
They seem to be running between $300 and $380. I did read that your stock amp isn't used.
I have this unit and I love it! I also have the factory JBL package, I am able to make it work with some custom wiring and also an aftermarket amplifier. If you have any questions about the device, please let me know!

·
Registered
9 Posts
What is the brand and model name of this system? And where I can read about it and order it?

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk
This is the one I have in my car:

9" Android 6.0 Car GPS Radio for Smart Fortwo W453 2014-2017 Octa Core 32G 2Gb

Hello guys, does Netflix or YouTube works with wiki sharing from the phone ? Not screen mororing but connection sharing ?
Also how did you make it work with the JBL ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have this unit and I love it! I also have the factory JBL package, I am able to make it work with some custom wiring and also an aftermarket amplifier. If you have any questions about the device, please let me know!
Yes I am pretty sure we'd all love if you made a video of you playing with and showing it's features.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes I am pretty sure we'd all love if you made a video of you playing with and showing it's features.
I have the new unit 9 octa core android head unit and hooked it up everything works but no sound . I also have the JBL system 8 speaker . How do you get it to work

1 - 16 of 16 Posts