Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'll figger this car out
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this scanner based upon recommendations and got it yesterday.

I read through the operator's manual, which is terrible, whether you read it in English, French or German.
I am fluent in all three and have to say that the manual has a large number of non-sequiturs, misspellings and missing directions.
This concerns me that I will somehow blow out the electronics by hooking this scanner up to my 2009 451.

Anyone already use this?

I called the helpline and got put on eternal hold. Not very helpful.

Am thinking of sending it back.

Any comments, especially from (dis) satisfied users?

Thanks!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've got iCarsoft's i980 scanner -- works great. Even resets codes that you'd normally have to go to a dealer to reset. Never heard of a 890 model...

·
I'll figger this car out
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've got iCarsoft's i980 scanner -- works great. Even resets codes that you'd normally have to go to a dealer to reset. Never heard of a 890 model...

Thanks, mine is a 980.
It will not reset any codes or tell me much of anything. Maybe I got a bad unit.

I followed all the instructions to the letter. Plus now, my 451 won't start!

I think I'm sending it back, it does me no good

·
I'll figger this car out
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am sending the iCarsoft 980 scanner back after having no results following the instructions step-by-step on a car with a NEW battery.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have their MB-II and it works great, although if you check the W-163 forum on BenzWorld there's another one that is now more highly recommended. (Came out right after I bought my MB-II, Dang-it). Autotel or Autodatel or something. I can't remember which model.

Like MB-II, it dies M-B/Smart/Sprinter, but if you're really serious, you can buy a Star Diagnostic fir ~$500. The real deal.

·
I'll figger this car out
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have their MB-II and it works great, although if you check the W-163 forum on BenzWorld there's another one that is now more highly recommended. (Came out right after I bought my MB-II, Dang-it). Autotel or Autodatel or something. I can't remember which model.

Like MB-II, it dies M-B/Smart/Sprinter, but if you're really serious, you can buy a Star Diagnostic fir ~$500. The real deal.

Where would you get a Star diagnostic? Is that also the brand name?

·
Registered
36 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts