Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
17,390 Posts
I'm willing to meet any Chicago, Illinois, and Wisconsin smart owner! I'd also love the idea of hosting a workshop!

This sounds like a great idea, I’ve been wanting to find some kind of Smart groups around here (I’m in Chicago) since I got mine but I’ve yet to find anything. I haven’t had to do any work on mine besides a splitter valve and an air filter replacement, but I suspect these cars will be hard to get serviced as they get older and less common, so it’d be a great idea to have a lot of people who know how to work on them in one general area
Unfortunately, the Chicago area smart group dissolved in 2013. A Milwaukee friend and I attempted creating a Wisconsin and Illinois group in 2017 but despite our marketing and reaching out, we never gained any real members.

It seems few of the new generation of smart owners (getting their cars secondhand) are interested in becoming a part of a car community.

·
Registered
9 Posts
LOL
Well of course the flatlander's don't want to associate with cheese heads !!!! LOL
I'm in the St Charles Illinois area. I can traverse northward but I'm not gonna wear green and gold.

·
I'll figger this car out
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
LOL
Well of course the flatlander's don't want to associate with cheese heads !!!! LOL
I'm in the St Charles Illinois area. I can traverse northward but I'm not gonna wear green and gold.
The only time I might expect you to wear green and gold is if they were the colors of your vehicle!

·
I'll figger this car out
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
LOL
Flatlanders? You mean the Protestants in central Netherlands?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts