Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stand Corrected

correction. only 10,500 450's were sold in Canada during its entire run (2004 - 2007, roughly 3500 per model year.
You are right, SmartCard. Somewhere I thought I had read that the sale of Smart Cars in Canada beginning in '04 was an overwhelming success and that the sales were way more than expected..... like 4 times more than expected.
I just looked up the same article you apparently looked at to check my validity and wha lah...there it was in plain print.....10,241 to be exact from '04 thru present.....the total 450 run......good thing somebody is paying attention on here. But then it is the internet where you can only believe 25% of what you read....right?:D

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
The last I heard is that Smart was averaging 1000 reservations a week but I doubt that will keep up... If so, they would possible want to start pumping these out like honda accords!

·
Registered
57 Posts
My husband and I test drove our new Smart today in Bloomfield, MI at the Lowes on Telegraph. The Sales Manager said that there were over 800 Smart Car reservations for Michigan. Hopefully we will get ours before the snow flies in winter 2008-9

t

·
Registered
63 Posts
Today at the Denver tour stop, the sales manager said that there were 21000 reservations... Current number to ship to US is at 20,000... that number could go up based on reservation numbers.... Let's all cross our fingers!

PS....Loved the Cabrio!

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
45,000 reservations at DC show

Howdy all
I attended the DC private show earlier this month.
The SMART rep there said they had "close" to 45,000 reservations.
I was early to plunk down my $99. My reservation is #12.

The rep also said first cars would be delivered in Jan '08?
So, here's hoping I will be driving mine by my birthday (1/25).

·
Registered
280 Posts
How early?

By "early" I hope you mean a date in March '07. If you put down your $99 earlier this month in DC, I'm afraid you're not going to have that birthday present in Jan '08, maybe '09. :eek::eek:

tm

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just as a reminder of what is to come insofar as reservations.....When Smart was intro'd to Canada in '04 they anticipated 10,000 would be sold....they sold 40,000 the first year!!! (and I guess alot of people had to wait into '05 to get theirs.....:( ) And maybe beyond that....

·
Registered
35 Posts
wrumbarger,

What day and time did you reserve your Smart?

How do you know you are number 12 since the Smart numbering system started with 10 numbers such as:

SMART FORTWO RESERVATION # 24533111700

Thanks for the reply!

·
Admin emeritus
3,974 Posts
We got some members in the field this week researching what the current reservation numbers are. Look for a good answer by next week!

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
Just as a reminder of what is to come insofar as reservations.....When Smart was intro'd to Canada in '04 they anticipated 10,000 would be sold....they sold 40,000 the first year!!! (and I guess alot of people had to wait into '05 to get theirs.....:( ) And maybe beyond that....
correction. only 10,500 450's were sold in Canada during its entire run (2004 - 2007, roughly 3500 per model year.

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
I've just received my "personal invitation" call this afternoon for next week's tour stop in Louisville. We talked for abit and the gentleman said the as of two weeks ago there were 30,000 reservations, a number I had just seen recently in print somewhere else. So the train has slowed a little bit, but its still moving forward!

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
I've just received my "personal invitation" call this afternoon for next week's tour stop in Louisville. We talked for abit and the gentleman said the as of two weeks ago there were 30,000 reservations, a number I had just seen recently in print somewhere else. So the train has slowed a little bit, but its still moving forward!
Here's the recent article citing the 30,000 registrations: MSNBC article

·
Registered
564 Posts
Reservation number 3363701374
I guess that means I am 33,637 ?
Not so straight forward I'm affraid. The last four digits of your res number equals the number of days from 1/1/04 to the day you reserved (1374). The first six digits have yet to be decoded, but are definitely not your number in line. For example, my number starts 530121 and I reserved back in March.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts