Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear tire is showing belt, so I called Firestone. They can replace the rear tires for me tomorrow with Ironman iMove tires in size 195/50/15 which is what I am currently running on the rear with 175/50/15's on the front. Has anyone personally had experience with the iMove tires? I figure anything is better than what I have now, but was just curious.

·
Registered
495 Posts
ok I know of the brand, made in CHINA. and poor tires... cheap.. if thats what you want.
a quote from the Subaru forum...".My inclination is that they're junk and to go trade them in for a more trusted brand."

I had a set of tires from the same company, only these were Jupitors they lasted about two scary white knuckle driving weeks until the OEM Michelins came in..
and now 20k miles later show no wear, and it drives as it should... FUN.

steveg.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I have a pair of Hercules Tour 4.0 on my other car.
Smooth and quiet.
Subdivision of Cooper Tire...

These may be symmetric, one side faces out, my Hercules are, no problem, just make sure they mount them on the rim correctly...

I liked them so much, I have 4 more on order for my Dad's car...

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I have a pair of Hercules Tour 4.0 on my other car.
Smooth and quiet.
Subdivision of Cooper Tire...

These may be symmetric, one side faces out, my Hercules are, no problem, just make sure they mount them on the rim correctly...

I liked them so much, I have 4 more on order for my Dad's car...
I think symmetric and asymmetric are the other way around, but thank you for letting us know!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well guys, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the iMove's for the rear. I was having second thoughts but the manager at Firestone said that the tread pattern was nice. I picked it up yesterday in the pouring rain and I was very impressed! I could tell a huge difference and the traction was not bad at all. Drove it today when it was dry out and still impressed. They were $46 a tire, so obviously they aren't amazing, but if they stay this way, I would buy again.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Mold compound will take 100 miles or so to wear off.
For $46 a tire, I like them too....

Are they asymmetric? Are they M/S rated (all season)?

(I have asymmetric on one axle, and directional on the other, on the other car, snicker....)

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
i flunked kindergarten...
Not kidding either....

Still color outside the lines, and have problems with scissors....

This qualifies me as a redneck....
I helped during computer time and P.E. at my son's school when he was in kindergarten. I'm afraid I didn't understand how the teachers decided to hold back two or so students at that level...

I was near, or at, the top of my class when I was young. If I got a C my classmates were appalled/shocked. Don't worry. Now that I am older if I don't write very, very slowly, my writing looks worse than a first grader. (It was neat when I was young! It took me a couple of hours to neatly fill out a 4 page document to volunteer for my son's school field trip! I had to take breaks, my right hand was sore from holding the pen so tightly.) Must be genetic, my mother's writing is horrible...

Luckily no issues with coloring or scissors, but knives.... :shrug:

The back of my neck is brown, I guess because half of my genes are from a Pacific island nation, the Philippines....

I've been trying to buy American company branded tires, (keep the money here sort of), just staying away from 225/60R17 Dunlop DSSTs from bad issues, twice, of sudden deflation on an '04 Sienna. Wonder if the tire companies will ever come out with RunFlats in smart sizes....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts