Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first time posting and only recently acquired my 2015 Smart Fortwo 453.

The first modification I'm going to be doing is upgrading the awful factory speakers, I've tried removing the door panel (interior and exterior) but it would appear the wheel arch is in the way of removing the exterior panel to get access to the speakers.

I have search for a guide or example but there is very little information on this subject and I wish to carry out the install myself to save £££. If anyone has a few photos or pointers as to removing these panels to get access to the speakers that would be ace! Also would be cool to see who has upgraded their speakers and what sizes/ brand etc was used!

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this!

·
Super Moderator
28,978 Posts
Welcome to SCoA! :) Unfortunately, not a lot of info on 453 panels, even on Evilution. I'm assuming you didn't find anything on the UK sites either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Unfortunately no luck however I will be attempting this in the next few days anyway as I had to abort half way through last time due to rain. If I'm successful I will create a tutorial which will hopefully help others in future.

·
Registered
656 Posts
In my shop manual , you must remove the side mirror and front fender to access the bolts ! Then a few more steps (including windowstrip removal ) with removal of the panel sliding towards the back of the car . I’ll see if I can send you a copy of the procedure in a pm .

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hope the attachments helped . Seems to be pretty complicated just to remove a panel . Let us know how that goes !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Remove the door panels Smart 453

Hi, i'am a new entry and i write you from Italy,

you could send me the video or photos about how the door panels for
the Smart 453 should be removed.

I have to replace the speakers but not or how to do it, I read on
facebook that you know the procedure.

Thank you so much a greeting from Italy:thanks_smile:

Alessandro Nardi
Leghorn - Italy