Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else hate the polycarbonate roof? I got very tired of the heat so I installed an insulated headliner, helped but not enough. Recently had the roof panel and side stripe painted white. No heat transfer from the sun, also looks really good, base color is Metalic Red (the orangest red made). :)

Images Posted in Gallery.

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
I love the roof but can you post a picture of yours??? I'd love to see the the paint job.

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
Love my roof. I just use the shade when it hot, full sun. Wife and I watched a group of flying geese V formation today though it.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Anyone else hate the polycarbonate roof? I got very tired of the heat so I installed an insulated headliner, helped but not enough. Recently had the roof panel and side stripe painted white. No heat transfer from the sun, also looks really good, base color is Metalic Red (the orangest red made). :)
Are you trying to piss off 1/2 of us with this Heat from the sun Talk?

And as Smartfor2Guy would say

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
OK - I'll wash it and post a picture

I will try and have a pic or 2 up tomorrow. Even if you like the heat it really does make the car look smarter!

Images Posted in Gallery.

·
Registered
9,044 Posts
... the roof is one of the many features that makes a smart a smart....
...it ads a "roomier" feel to the interior ...
...the shade will protect those of you that are challenged in the hair department....
...and then there's the view...from nature to man made gravity defiant machines....

jetfuel

·
He's not mine
9,617 Posts
Did I forget to mention that it's 82 here today. :D
I don't know what the high was here today, but 80+ is entirely TOO warm. It would be wonderful in August, but not this time of year. I hate it. :(
Sorry, not qualified to comment on the polycarbonate roof. I've noted a common complaint about problems keeping the car cool though.

·
Registered
171 Posts
it gets to well over what you call 100 here, and even on cold days it's much hotter in the coupe than the cabrio, but i wouldnt change it for anything, one of the main reasons i brought the car....

the a/c does a really good job though and dosent hurt my economy much at all

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just FYI

I had the same "Panorama" roof option on my SRS and ordered an openable sun roof instead. That works, the Poly "see through" just does not FOR ME. Each to their own as they say...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts