Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both my trucks are down right now needing engine work. Both are old resto projects. Anyway I needed another engine stand like this one. 3 eingines. One to go in the pickup. ([ictured) and 2 to make into one for the Trooper. So I needed at least one more stand.

So I brought one home from the parts store in my Pure. Had to remove 1 part to make it lay flat. 2 deminsional as opposed to 3 deminsional. but no problem at all. The look on the face of the guy at the parts store made it all worthwhile.

Almost as much fun as pulling my log splitter a couple of weeks ago.

Amazing what these little buggers will do if you're not stupid about it.

·
17,390 Posts
I think my favourite "you fit that, in THERE?" moment was when I sold my factory wheels with the tyres still mounted to them. The boxes almost took up every inch of the car I wasn't sitting in. Since the wheels were heavy, I tossed in a box dolly for good measure (which took up all remaining space). The look on the Postal worker's face was so priceless...

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried to fit one of these 32x11.50x15's in mine to take it to the tire store to dismount it. It wouldn't quite fit upright in the back. Needed about 2" more to keep from messing up the headliner. I ended up using the wife's CRV.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I bought a used engine stand on craigslist that I brought home in my smart. It happened to have folding legs so I folded it up and put it in the back. Another time I had a complete disassembled 2-ton engine crane in the car. The guy watching me load it could not believe what he was seeing. Plenty of room.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I bought a used engine stand on craigslist that I brought home in my smart. It happened to have folding legs so I folded it up and put it in the back. Another time I had a complete disassembled 2-ton engine crane in the car. The guy watching me load it could not believe what he was seeing. Plenty of room.
ya know...some schmoo is going to ask how you got a 2 ton crane home in a 1,800 lb car. :rolleyes::)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts