Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure why. My first smart I tarted up in lots of ways. My second newer I've suddenly become conservative. No mb stars, no gas, brake, footrest, no airscoop addition (still not sure about that one-it was a badass addition), no stripe just behind side door light (the "swoosh"). It's a finer, newer car and all that. Better tires, better steering ect.
Have I just become old and crotchety? It just seems like the new Car 54 does not beg to have these things. Yes-it's identical to my first with fewer miles and a butt warmer. I know Dr. Phil would say "Well, just cause your second smart had kittens in the oven don't mean you can call 'em biscquits" but why, why do I not want to whore up my second smart?

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Give it time...if it feels right to do it...just do it. If you want a bland boring commuter car...just leave it stock. :eek: Just kidding with the last sentence but I had to say it in response to the "whore it up" quote. :p

Both ways are right for the owner and when I run a car show I make sure stock trophies are just about equal in number to modified trophies.

My current Miata is not nearly as modified as my prior Miatas and I like it the best. But my smart is certainly modified and I love it. Make it yours and you will love it...however much or little you mod it. Just take your time and you will get it right.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Well watch out, you might get the bug at one point.

I am pretty conservative with that stuff too but on my first smart cdi cabriolet:

- I got European fenders so there were no more Canadian side markers
- I got three spoke OEM strikeline wheels with 175/195 tires
- I got Euro fog lights for it
- I got OE cruise control

On the second smart, the BRABUS Canada 1, I wanted to keep it close to what it was like when it left the BRABUS workshops in Bottrop, but:

- I got a 60+ HP/100 lbs-ft remap
- I got a diesel BRABUS dual exhaust (rare!!)
- I got a new perforated BRABUS stainless steel valence for the new exhaust
- I got a BRABUS sport suspension kit
- I got a set of fog lights for it
- I got LED front side marker lights
- I got OE cruise control

So yeah I can see that eventually it is hard to resist.

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
?..I make sure stock trophies are just about equal in number to modified...
...now that you mentioned it...in my years with the Mustang Club of America we had a special trophy for the project cars shown at the National and Grand National levels...
...big @$$ trophy...in the box...winner puts it together....

Jetfuel...just too funny...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts