Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't put a stopwatch to it, but the heated seats seem timed to switch off after 12 minutes or so. First car I've owned whose heated seats don't simply remain on until the engine is switched off.

Any way to either disable the timer or increase the interval it remains on?

THANKS!

·
Registered
7,673 Posts
I noticed on all my brand cars, I own. The heated seats are on a timer. I suppose manufacturers do that, so the warmers won’t over heat. No way of changing the timer setting. It incorporated in the vehicle computer software.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I had a 03 Escalade that it’s seat warmers didn’t turn off after so long.
I’ll have to check the 06 Escalade we have to see if times out.
Seat warmers don’t really need to time out as they are temperature controlled by a sensor built into the elements(unless smart does it for fuel economy) most cases if the element is bad or a sensor has failed the warmers won’t work.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
My Impala and my wife's Renegade will go from 2 lights to 1, I assume as noted above, to not burn anything out or up. The 453 I had was odd in that they turned completely off (choices were on or off)... I can't recall how my 451 handles that. But I must also add I would not mess with juicing up a heating element which is meant to turn off to cool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts