Smart Car of America Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
We will be coming from Chicago area on Wednesday and looking forward to hooking up with the caravan from St. Louis to Kansas City. Has there been any official meeting place, time, etc for hooking up on Wednesday itself for whatever festivities there may be and on Thursday for the caravan start line?
BAMBAM would you be interested in driving down with others from Chicago on wednesday morning?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
This is the last posting I am going to make for the Chicago caravan to the nationals.
Rick and I will see everyone there!

For those going to the nationals and leaving Wednesday morning for St. Louis let's meet at the Ikea in Bolingbrook (750 East Boughton Road, Bolingbrook - (630) 972-7900)
I know it isn't right on 55 or 355 but it seems to be the easist to find. Itaska Mark,Bert and anyone else please post here if this is OK.We'll meet between 10:30 and 11:00 and head out as soon as everyone is there.Rick and I will leave downtown Chicago around 9-9:30 am to meet everyone there.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey, a few of us have decided to stay across the street at the Days Inn instead in Kansas City. It only runs about $42 a night plus tax instead of $79 plus taxes (@14.03%, ouch!!) at the Crowne. Total for 3 nights for us came to only $145 and change and you can literally throw a rock and hit the Crowne Plaza, just in case anyone wants to save some cash.

·
Super Moderator
28,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
St. Louis update

Just wanted to mention a couple of things for Thursday morning:

Quick run to the Arch at the riverfront for some photos. Leave the hotel at 8:30 a.m. for anyone interested.

After the photo session, meet up at the Kemp Auto Museum (around 10 a.m.) where Kyle has arranged for free entry for caravan participants. :)

·
5,297 Posts
Just wanted to mention a couple of things for Thursday morning:

Quick run to the Arch at the riverfront for some photos. Leave the hotel at 8:30 a.m. for anyone interested.

After the photo session, meet up at the Kemp Auto Museum (around 10 a.m.) where Kyle has arranged for free entry for caravan participants. :)

Great...I like FREE!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
If anyone coming in town wants to meet up Wednesday night for dinner around 7 or 8, just post here if your interested. For those staying at the La Quinta, we're in room 111 and look forward to meeting up with those coming in on Wednesday night.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Just heard from jwight and he won't be able to make dinner as he has plans to spend time with some family members.

nonuro, make sure to come around on 270 as you won't hit the rush hour traffic through downtown.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sharkdog,
Left a card at the front desk for you. Not sure I can make dinner, I have family in town tonight.
Thanks,
Patrick

·
Registered
358 Posts
Sharkdog,
Left a card at the front desk for you. Not sure I can make dinner, I have family in town tonight.
Thanks,
Patrick
I just checked the front desk and they didn't have any info there for me, are you at the right hotel?

·
Registered
45 Posts
St. Louis caravan departed about an hour ago. We had an awesome turnout with about 22cars! Thanks everyone for stopping by. Hope you all have a safe journey and an awesome weekend!!

-Faisal
smart center Creve Coeur

·
Super Moderator
28,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Thanks to everyone at the dealership - we couldn't have asked for a better reception. Had a great time on the drive to KC; the last we saw of Barney O and jetfuel they were disappearing over the horizon.... :)

61 - 75 of 75 Posts