Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
U.S. owners were fortunate with the 451 in getting that bootleg copy of the Introduction to Service manual; I'm hoping we'll be able to do the same with the upcoming 453 (hint to members at smart centers :wink:) which would give us a general overview of the new fortwo.

In addition, smart will update the WIS at some point and anyone with access to that could really help by passing on 453 service information.

Finally, smart will update the Electronic Parts Catalog to include the 453; someone with a US market 453 VIN could research any new or updated parts information for us.

:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Trying to get any info from Mercedes is like scoring on prom night, just keep feeding them booze until they open up. The only thing I have know is a new engine, not sure of any date or look but when I do get it I will share.

·
17,371 Posts
I believe the analogy is perfect! You feed MB booze (money) until they're willing to go to your motel room! (give you dat info) :D

To add to the confirmation of new engine, it was also said there will be an addition of a dual clutch transmission as well. :)

·
17,371 Posts
Actually I believe the whole DCT thing was in an MB press statement...I'll find it when I'm on a PC later :)

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump for this - we could really use one of the "insiders" to come up with that Introduction to Service manual for the 453 - plus anything else they can score.
Thanks in Advance! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts