Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No I don't have the auto on option, after a hot day at work I start my 453 passion and the headlights come on! The switch on the stalk is off and no amount of fiddling with the switch or stalk turns them off. I get home, turn the car off, wait a minute and start the car and voila! the headlights are off. If I turn the car off and on at work the lights stay on. Heat related maybe?

This happened yesterday as well, it just so happened I had to take my wife
to the dealership to pick up her smart so I asked the service manager if he had ever heard of this before and he hasn't.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might have a short in the headlight switch. Your service department will have to dig deeper in order to figure it out.
The service manager wants me to monitor my car this weekend to see when (if) it happens again, we've already discussed a trip to the service department, as long as I get a loaner I'm good, it may take a while I'm told. It's odd that it happens only on really hot days, at least now.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
A couple times now on my 453 I have turned on the headlights at night after starting the car and am unable to select high beam no matter what I do. Only after turning off the car and re-starting it am I able to select high beam. I'm nearing 10K miles and will detail this along with the gas tank issue and a couple others when I schedule a visit to the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts