Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
17,390 Posts
I use AuxBeam LEDs off Amazon. Just make sure you aim the headlights correctly (and you position the LED bulbs themselves good) or else you'll blind everyone.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Depending on the model, on my old 451 it had an H7 element in BOTH Hi and Lo beams. Hate to flashy thing people, but whence not dimming their brights... ...smile and wait for the flash! Plus if a lo beam goes bad... ...tada pull out a bright and you're on the road, yay us!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use AuxBeam LEDs off Amazon. Just make sure you aim the headlights correctly (and you position the LED bulbs themselves good) or else you'll blind everyone.

Do you have a specific link? And the specific ones you used were they for a smart fortwo pure? Did the housing clip pass over the fan/cooling assembly without issue? Did you have adjustment issues or troubles? Just have a lot of questions since there are a ton out there. Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used Mumasha on Amazon. They only cost about $20 per pair. The cap doesn’t fit back on but they are supposed to be waterproof. No problems so far. Directions for replacing them are hard to find. Pull out the original bulb and put the new metal ring in place then put the clip back in place then insert the new light being careful to line up the nubs with the groove in the light plug it in and test it out. Took me two or three sets to get it right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ill check them out. So the alignment was tricky? Is there a set screw to adjust the length of the led for proper beam projection? Thanks

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do I need the resistor canceller decoder?
Is 8000 too bright?
and, what did you mean by position the LEDs good....if you aim them according to directions then that should be perfect shouldn't it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts