Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've installed heated seats in other cars w/ after market kits, but does anyone know if you can use and install the factory seat heater switches in a Smart that originally didn't have heated seats? Does the wiring loom that goes to the center dash switch assembly include the wiring for the heated seat switches even if the car didn't have heated seats in it originally? I'm asking because my old Smart, which was totaled from an accident, had heated seats and I've found a replacement Smart that I really like but it doesn't have heated seats and I really like the center dash switch assembly for the heated seats. Thank you for the help!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Just retrofitted heated seats in my 2008. All wiring was there. Needed the button bank (EBAY) and the green controller relay (expensive). Smartmadness ordered that part for me. Works perfectly. Evilution has a very good write up.

Relay is under dash between the speedometer head and ac control panel

Evilution - Smart Car Encyclopaedia

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Ditto on the seat swap on my 08 Cabrio.

I had cloth Heated seats and swapped a few years ago to Leather Heated.

Already had the buttons and wiring, just had to remove a few bolts, unlug the heater AND the airbag, pull out the old seats, put in the new ones, re plug, bolts and done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Only Fortwos from late 2008 come with the necessary harness for plug and play fitting.

The relay pn is A451 820 0085

1 - 8 of 8 Posts