Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a smart 2010 mhd i hit a pothole quite hard and first the speedometer went to 0 and showed no gears then i pressed break to stop and it shuddered then stalled and now wont start
And ideas and any help pleeeeease ???

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Hmm. Sounds like the hit caused an electrical disconnect. What is the nature of "won't start"?

-wahi

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry i have no idea what that is and what it means and what i should do ?
Im very thankful for your input

·
Registered
427 Posts
Unfortunately, you're going to need to either do some exploring yourself or have it taken to a shop.
I agree with the assessment that it's likely a fuse, relay, or a plug that came loose with the impact, but it could be other issues.

Have you checked all the fuses?
What does the gear select on the instrument cluster show? P? 3 horizontal bars? Nothing?

Do you have a scanner capable of reading OBDII and canbus?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Hmm, ok. Let's see. You are sporting a UK flag. I am assuming that you are in England. If you are, do contact Kane. He's THE smart guy. Here's his creds:
evilution.co.uk

Evilution
PO Box 12578
BRENTWOOD
CM14 9QQ

Shoot him an email. Good luck!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unfortunately, you're going to need to either do some exploring yourself or have it taken to a shop.
I agree with the assessment that it's likely a fuse, relay, or a plug that came loose with the impact, but it could be other issues.

Have you checked all the fuses?
What does the gear select on the instrument cluster show? P? 3 horizontal bars? Nothing?

Do you have a scanner capable of reading OBDII and canbus?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds more like the plug has come off the clutch actuator.
Your description of how the car stopped is exactly what happens if you suffer an actuator failure whilst driving.

also the car will not start after.

check the plug, just in front of the rear wheel

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sounds to me that these people don't have clue whar they're talking about. Be very careful who/what you listen too. Most of it is crap......

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds to me that these people don't have clue whar they're talking about. Be very careful who/what you listen too. Most of it is crap......
What would your wise council be? Obviously our meager knowledge isn't up to your lofty standards.

Oh wait, you haven't offered a single piece of useful help. We await, oh wise one, for your sage advice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts