Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been e-mailed for my final configuration and given a password to do this. Is the password my reservation number? I was told by the e-mail I should be able to get my car the first half of 2008. Hmmmm I never did get a reservation number persay. :)

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
I have been e-mailed for my final configuration and given a password to do this. Is the password my reservation number? I was told by the e-mail I should be able to get my car the first half of 2008. Hmmmm I never did get a reservation number persay. :)
No, the password has nothing to do with the reservation number. You should have received an email the same day you submitted your $99 that would have had your reservation number. Based on your receipt of the password today, the last 4 digits of your reservation number would have between between 1189 and 1196, which means you submitted your $99 between April 4 and April 11.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I did get was a confirmation of the vehicle I wanted, color options ect, and a projected delivery time of the first half of next year.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it did or it could be delayed. Did it all the same day. Said to completed it by the 26th of Oct. Which was done.

·
Registered
63 Posts
reservation

I just got my email from Dave the Pres and ordered my smart. I had put in my reservation April 7 and just got to place my order today Friday, Nov. 16. The wording was something like, we HOPE to get your car to you by the first HALF of 2008. patience patience I guess. But at least the order is off to the factory. yellow/black black interior and the only option was the clock/tach (or rev counter as they call it) for $120.

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
Just checked my mail. I ordered it March 26. The number is 0164611180
My timing estimates were also made based on the erroneous assumption that you just got your confirmation invite today. Yes... just a few more weeks until we see others driving around in Smarts:(.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Hello all just got back from the LA auto show, first time to set in a smart what a thrill, I talk to a gentleman that drove a smart across the US I you are out there please respond back. If there is a message in the forum that tells us how to figure out when we might receive our smart car from our Res # can you tell me where or how to figure it out my last 5 digits are 11284

Have been waiting since my last trip to Europe in 2000

Thanks Askpat

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
Call from Smart after filling out the configurator?

Yes it did or it could be delayed. Did it all the same day. Said to completed it by the 26th of Oct. Which was done.
Bobnyuma,
I got a call from Smart shortly after completing and sending the configurator back to Smart. They asked if everything was in order with my order and if I had any questions to ask her about the car or order process. She was very pleasant, well spoken and congenial.
Did you get such a call?
One thing I want to mention here....after I filled out the configurator there did not seem to be a *send* or *finish* radio button anywhere on the form and so I wondered how the hell they were going to get the info. I then realized that I had made an incorrect assumption that exiting the completed form sent it.....That was the error and I found out myself by simply signing back onto the configurator just like I did the first time and re-doing the configurator. I then found a finish button way down in the lower left hand corner of the screen, off the form, in the cropping area of the page so to speak.....almost hidden, it seemed. If I had not redid the form, I would not have sent it and thought I had and my time would have run out :( :( :(. That would have been very very terrible.:eek:
Hope that doesn't further confuse the issue.

John

·
Senior Smartie
1,263 Posts
My timing estimates were also made based on the erroneous assumption that you just got your confirmation invite today. Yes... just a few more weeks until we see others driving around in Smarts:(.
That's right, Ihoboy....it won't be long now for some of us....:D

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
I got a call from Smart shortly after completing and sending the configurator back to Smart. They asked if everything was in order with my order and if I had any questions to ask her about the car or order process. She was very pleasant, well spoken and congenial.
Did you get such a call?

John
John,
You're the only person I have heard from that got a call back from Smart after the confirmation. I'm wondering if any other 1173s or 1174s got such a call. I (1178) did not.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
No call here. I also noticed later that I was not able to select the tach/clock pods or fog lights. Told at the LA Auto Show that they can be dealer installed. Phew!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts