Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Earth people. I just acquired this earth mode of transportation. And within one of your earth weeks I now have a need to have the clutch replaced. As it is said aArggggggg!

·
Registered
240 Posts
As WAHIl said, how did you come by this information? If you are a new, first-time smart owner, do a little investigating before you assume anything or take anyone's advice. (including a MB dealer) Your smart has a convertional dry clutch, but also a electro/mechanical clutch actuator that can cause symptoms that might be mistaken for clutch problems and may just need adustment.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As WAHIl said, how did you come by this information? If you are a new, first-time smart owner, do a little investigating before you assume anything or take anyone's advice. (including a MB dealer) Your smart has a convertional dry clutch, but also a electro/mechanical clutch actuator that can cause symptoms that might be mistaken for clutch problems and may just need adustment.
I was able to contact the mechanic that worked on the car after the warranty ran out. He said flat out that the owner was told this past fall that the clutch would need to be replaced very soon. Maybe that's why I got the car so cheep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts