Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My name is Keith I live in Albany GA. Which is at least 200 miles from anywhere & everywhere lol!!! I am retired & living on a modest Social Security pension. Therefore have no expectations of ever owning a Smart Car. But that doesn't keep me from dreaming. I think the idea of these modren marvels is one of genious. If everyone owned one though our electric bills would rise and fall every month just as the gasoline prices do now. The power brokers of the world are too greedy to allow the common man to achieve independence from their insidious grip. As this would cause a shift of wealth that would give some balance to our economy. And would subsequently take away their power. If you disagree I invite you to start a conversation to tell me your views on the subject. Please post here Thanks,

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,101 Posts
Keith, welcome to the forum! smart models start with a modest mid $12,000 price tag, so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Also, the current model sold in the US (451) is only gasoline powered, so no home charging station or other electrical equipment/modifications are needed to use the car. You can configure, price, and build the various smart models at smart USA - open your mind to the car that challenges the status quo and also check for special financing, etc.

The first mass produced electric version isn't slated to be available until 2012.

·
Premium Member
10,363 Posts
The sticker price of my Pure was $11,590. I pay $208 a month for 60 months. It is very good on gas. I average about 295 miles per tank full. IMO; the Fortwo is a very affordable little car that is a lot of fun to drive. :

·
Registered
804 Posts
Keith I like the way you think.... even though I have a lot more into my car than BigWarp and my payment is twice his, I wouldn't drive anything else. I just love my Smart Car, I have had mine for a year now and the damn thing still makes me smile:)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Welcome. We would have a cleaner world, tho.

I understand the predicament of being on a fixed income. I personally found that making payments on the smart plus keeping it fueled was cheaper than operaing and maintaining a midsize car with a 4L V6.

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,491 Posts
Keith, welcome from Jacksonville, Fl. I not only know where Albany is, but lived there as a child. My parents are both buried there and I go there often to visit their graves. I also go there to attend car shows put on by the local antique car club held at Albany mall in October. I am also retired and on Social Security so I know where you are coming from. I understand there are only about three smarts in Albany at this time. Feel free to pm me if you want to talk smart cars sometime. I have a black Brabus coupe that I am really enjoying!! :) :) :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts