Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
"Hi guys! I'm new to this site. First off, I'm not (yet) a smart owner but I'm really fond of those little critters :D. I really needed help in specifying a turbo... Right now I have two turbo's with the same part number. The difference is the exhaust..I just wanna know if both of them are for the Fortwo since their P/N's are the same yet the exhaust side of the turbo's are different."

·
5,297 Posts
Greetings and let's hope the members can help.
Please share with us the manufacturer and parts in as much detail as possible to guide the responses and what type of smart (450/451) and engine specifics if any.

643 Posts
"Hi guys! I'm new to this site. First off, I'm not (yet) a smart owner but I'm really fond of those little critters :D. I really needed help in specifying a turbo... Right now I have two turbo's with the same part number. The difference is the exhaust..I just wanna know if both of them are for the Fortwo since their P/N's are the same yet the exhaust side of the turbo's are different."
Being on the dealership side of things, not so sure I can recommend a turbo to you. However, you may want to visit Motorcycle Rentals and Motorcycle Tours USA / Canada toll-free +1 888-849-4098 international +1 949 579 9422 for some info on boosting smarts.

If you happen to be looking for a new smart fortwo... feel free to send me a pm to arrange a visit.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
What make and model number do you have?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Happy to have you here -- sad I am not there... it is freaking cold here in Michigan.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are the turbo chargers that I mentioned:

Both of them have the same P/N: A6600960199 but as you can see they have different exhaust. I wanna know which one goes to where. Thank so much for welcoming me here! :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hehe :D I know the one with the exhaust manifold is for a ForTwo, but the other one I don't know.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
The turbo with manifold will not fit a 451 with Mitsu engine.
Too many bolt holes in exhaust flange.
With some construction you could use the other turbo that is by itself.

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
No need... if you put the part number you listed into a google search it comes up about 200 hits.... it's a turbo off a 450....

Moving this to the 450 area....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah the one with the manifold is for a 450.. but where does the other one go? It has the same number as the other one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I'm a little bit confused on what you said Wdhitch...

As you can see on this one, the exhaust housings are different. The first one has a flange for the exhaust manifold while the second one is a one piece exhaust housing. Hopefully I made sense on what I said lol :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh the short red lines are the bolts connecting the CHRA housing and the exhaust housing while the green connects the exhaust housing and uhm i dunno what that's called

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
The turbo by itself was probably for an earlier 450 in which the turbo and exhaust manifold were 2 separate components. The 1 pc. design would have come along later as a cost cutting measure. JMO

1 - 20 of 23 Posts