Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, SCOA. My name is Spencer and I recently purchased a 2010 Passion Coupe. It is Rally Red with Black Tridion Cell, which is fitting since I am a Texas Tech alumni. I purchased the Smart as a hobby car and will have many customizations planned in the future as time and money allow. I am already working on the sound system, sound deadening, and cruise control. As time goes on, I will try to post my progress for everyone to see. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,298 Posts
Welcome to SCoA!

Glad to meet another Texan...this week...5th one since the 21st! :cowboy:

You came to a great place to gather information and share your smart stories, especially about the modifications you are planning.

It does get a little crazy around here, but we do our best to have a little fun and grin at least once a day.

Be sure to check out your local smart owner group and go meet them in-person.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

·
Registered
656 Posts
HOWDY TEXANS !!

spencer, i am an hour south of houston.
go to smartusainsider.com there's a houston meet in the works for nov 7th ! hope you can join us !!

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,112 Posts
Welcome to the forum and enjoy the new ride! Great color choice, by the way! :D

If you're interested in tracking and sharing your fuel mileage, we can always use a few more smarts on Fuelly.com.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum - please don't hesitate to ask for help. I'm fairly new here but find some good threads and the guys here are really helpful.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Hey Spencer, welcome from DFW. Love your colors! (Since they are the same as mine, of course.) Of course, I also have the red interior which makes mine better than most (ha ha) - what interior color do you have?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I have the black leather (comfort package), but I am debating having a customer interior done.
Hmmmm, there's no denying that black leather is NICE! I love my red interior, but of course in less than two months, while eating a breakfast sandwich from McDonalds one greasy little onion fell off the sandwich onto the seat, causing a dark spot. That wouldn't happen in your car! Comfort package - I don't have all the features in that, I don't think, but I do have heated seats for the first time - way cool. No more freezing until the engine warms up.

Custom interior = mega expense. I asked a guy at a trim shop one time how much to re-cover two car seats, and he wanted something like $1,000. I coulda bought racing seats for that much, much less even.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts