Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here, :). I got interested in a Smart car when I saw one crusin' a city street. Once I went to the nearby dealer, I decided that I might just get a reservation in so that when when I get my full license in a few months, I could have a brand-new (eco-friendly) car to drive!
:( Yes, I've heard of the time it takes, but I'm ok with that!:)

So anyway, how would you guys say a Smart car would be for a 1st car?
Most of my friends prefer gas guzzling, off-road pickups.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Would be a great 'first' car

Here are few pointers (from a fellow Illinoisan):

- If you have it by road test time, be sure to use it; you're sure to pass on just the novelty, the IL Sec of State testers literally fought with who would go on my son's road test - they loved it and he passed with no problems

- The car is no pocket rocket so you should avoid most speeding tickets (but, some have already got them)

- The car is so small and turns on a dime, you're more liable to 'miss' most obstacles as well as cars; possibly fewer accidents!

- If you break it in right, you should get 40+ MPG's so cheap to run

- It only carries two people so less distractions when driving

- No matter what - most will smile when they see you and its always an attention getter, very popular at the high school were my wife works as a baker - you're sure to get more 'friends'

- It's small, but very safe, a better choice than an older small car w/o the safety cage and all of the other stuff

- Bottom line - its worth the wait!

·
Super Moderator
17,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't wait, a good note for the road test, I'm currently using my mom's SUV. It sucks about $20 a day for gas :( . Business will boom even more once they get some Smart factories in the US. :D

But I think it's cool that I can get all of the cool features I like, and still keep the price down. My avatar is a pic of the one I will reserve. Minus the leather seats and Rev counter/ clock

·
Super Moderator
17,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, I just so happened to sift through some old posts I created...1 year ago...what a 12 months it has been! :)

SCOA helps one get through school faster by making nights seem shorter...A lot of great peeps on here and they're very accepting of someone that's still in their teens.

No newbies, I don't have my smart (yet) but I hope to fill that tiny 10x8 space in my garage soon!

BTW: This is the only forum I have dedicated so much time to! I barely visit USAinsider or Forzamotorsport.net!

Neon...been here for a year...plan to stay...and be a paid member...

P.S. We have to celebrate jetfuel's SCOA anniversary on the 29th!

:)

·
Banned
5,086 Posts
So 'neon'...seriously, where are you at with your smart? Sorry I haven't kept up on your ordering process...too busy in the 'random thread'.:D

Did you place your order and are simply "waiting it out" or are you planning on walking into your smart center, looking for a Red/Silver one with Red interior?

Either way, I hope you get yours soon. At least before the "Nationals" next June.....:p

·
Super Moderator
17,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I AM 'so out of it'. :eek:

Now I really feel bad for him........................:(
It's okay BP! :)

It's funny you ask about the interior, I thought you could have the comfort package and red at the same time...but not true! :)

·
Super Moderator
17,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Heh...A throwback of a really retro thread...15 year old me vs. 18 year old me... :)

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Has something changed??????:D

Man, Barney, you gots to pay attention more. He is the only guy here with a paid membership who buys a non-smart for a first car!

15 yr old - no car, big dreams of smart car
18 yr old - other car, big dreams of smart car.

See the difference? 3 years!

hehehehe

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Man, Barney, you gots to pay attention more. He is the only guy here with a paid membership who buys a non-smart for a first car!

hehehehe
Too bad he didn't get an UN-CAR. :p

·
He's not mine
9,619 Posts
So, Neon is 20% older than in the OP. I'm 5% older than I was then.
He's made 39% more posts than I have in the time frame.
And, we're still waiting for Neon to get his smart. :)

·
Super Moderator
17,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

hehehehe
Double fail :)

My name is red...

Did someone just ruin a surprise? :rofl:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts