Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone. I've been browsing these forums for a little while now, and I decided to sign up once I reserved my Smart. It's good to be among a bunch of other Smart fans, and I hope to learn from you.

A bit about my Smart:
I don't own one yet, but I reserved a yellow and silver Passion with an alarm and premium sound. I may change my mind to white instead of yellow, but I can always just buy the body panels. I opted for red interior, but I also may change to beige.
I remember test driving the ForTwo when they came to Vegas on the cross country tour. It was the middle of July, 118° on the Strip, and the thing that impressed me the most was the air conditioner. I drove the Cabrio, and the lady opened the top just so I could see how it work. After she closed the top, the car was cold again within a minute. That was pretty impressive to me.
Also, I liked how peppy the car was, and how it felt. I was very comfortable inside it, and it rode very nicely. I've been wanting to reserve one for some time, now. It would be even better if they brought the EV over here for a decent price, too.

A bit about myself:
I'm a Creative Services manager and an IT Administrator at Telemundo Las Vegas, and I have been in this area for the past 14 years. I like what I do, and it seems there are a lot of really good things coming my way. My wife is a photographer, and we have two cute little girls. The ForTwo I'm ordering is really just for me, but my oldest daughter loves the ForTwo. I am a MacIntosh user and administrator, and I really like Macs. However, I will never tell anyone bad things about Windows or Linux. Just because I don't prefer those systems doesn't mean they are bad, it just means I don't prefer them.
I am a respecter of personal opinions and preferences, and I will never tell you that you are wrong because you think differently than I do. We are all here to learn from each other, because our knowledge and our relationships are the only things we take with us when we die.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Welcome! My sister and her family live there in Vegas. Not my cup of tea, but it's always great to visit her. I don't know how you guys live with that heat (and I live in Sacramento, so I know a little something about heat), but it sounds like you'll like the smart's AC. Enjoy your car when it comes!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. It's good to be here. I've been reading a lot of good things about the ForTwo, and it's just getting me stoked. I just wish I didn't have to wait so long. Oh, well. Maybe I'll catch an early adoption, but I'm going to wait until after I get the e-mail from the dealer, first.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You get used to the heat, but then I was born here. I spent a couple of years freezing in Seattle, and couldn't wait to get back to the sunshine. However, it's the people here that I want to get away from. I spent a week in Fort Worth, and the people were so friendly to me and there were so many family oriented things that I found myself house hunting. I tried to transfer within my company, but unfortunately, my job kept me here.

My wife and I try to get out of town as much as possible, though, which is why we bought a minivan a few years ago. That's our only car, and we are not trading it in as of yet. The ForTwo will be just a commuter car for me. She's from Northern México (Sonora), so we go there every now and then. I find that most people down there have no AC, and they just use swamp coolers that barely work inside their concrete homes. But still, even in Northern México, the people seem to be much more friendly to me than they are in Las Vegas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts