Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hey they offer ...

snow chains on the Canadian smarts if it gets really bad ... we don't typically get as much snow as MSP in Chicago but do get our fair share, once we get our smart it will be spared snow and salt at least the first year (it's actually car #4 ... Miata & smart will be stored, an old Dodge minivan and Mazda3 will serve us both during the worse part of winter).

·
Registered
517 Posts
There's a few people here from the Twin Cities (and surrounding 'burbs). I think we'll be OK in the winter, as I haven't heard anything negative about the fortwo in Canada.

The dealer is going to be owned by Feldmann Imports, located in Bloomington, behind the Saturn dealer, at American Blvd and Knox. I put some pictures up of the building, as it is, a week or so ago.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My Brother has a 2002 Fourtwo in Germany. Wife got into a fender bender the first snowstorm. He got Blizzak type winter tires for it. The car has no problems now but be careful with it in snow without snowtires until you are familiar with the way it handles.Think rear weight bias.

They will be one of my first purchases before next winter sets in.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Snow Traction

Durning the last snow I drove out SmartCar and front whell drive Ford Focus under the same conitions. The SmartCar was far better. I may even get another one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts