Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Oklahoma city, Yellow/Black Passion, delivered at the smart center Tulsa January 22, 2008, now at 21,000+ miles.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Hey, Okie boy, were you staying at the Hampton Inn, in Bartlesville, OK., maybe towards the end of August? We were there at the hotel, and saw a yellow and black smart there. Black tint glass, custom exhaust, rear camera, sound system. Ours is blue and silver. The yellow one was from Tulsa.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Hi Okie Boy, we got our exactly one month later and it just has over 3900 miles, it looks that you are enjoying your car every single day!!! Welcome to the forum!!

·
Banned
4,888 Posts
Okie Boy - Welcome to the forum!! Do you drive your smart in the winter, if so; could you share some of your impressions about the car on snow and ice?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello mate! I am in Oklahoma, between Okc & Tulsa. Recently moved back from New Zealand.. Now I see Smart cars everywhere!

I have been working with Smart cars for 10 years. Bought my 1st Smart 5 years ago. Brought it into Oklahoma under Court Order. I have since owned 4 Euro Mercedes Smart Cars. Currently have 2 Euro 450 cars, a Diesel car that I built, and now I might build a Gas car (or sell it).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi from Tulsa! I just got an email yesterday that I am going to get one of the BRABUS models. I'm really excited and it doesn't cost much more than the original loaded cabriolet I was going to get. Plus, I will get it 6 months sooner. Can't wait!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also in OKC. I just got my configuration email yesterday, and I am really excited! :woohoo
The one really big downer for me is that I won't be able to get a yellow and black one like yours. I soooo wanted a yellow one. :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi, fellow Sooners! I reserved in June, 08, and am impatiently awaiting the arrival of my red Passion. I'm thinking our Oklahoma summers are going to be too hot for a glass top and black leather interior, so I'm leaning toward the solid roof with a red interior. Any thoughts?
I would love to travel the Oklahoma roads with other Sooner Smarties once mine is delivered! I'm glad to see this OK chapter coming together.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hey Okies---

Hello to all--

I have a Silver/Black Cabriolet. Ordered in May 07 got it Sept 08 now has 5400 basically trouble free miles........ :smartje.grs.zw: I am looking for a Black rear section and tail gate cover :hackitup: .....

It would be great if we could get the diesel versions :woohoo: or the Roadster :RS-c.grs.zw: !!!!!!!!!

How about weekend cruz? :cheers:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, Okie boy, were you staying at the Hampton Inn, in Bartlesville, OK., maybe towards the end of August? We were there at the hotel, and saw a yellow and black smart there. Black tint glass, custom exhaust, rear camera, sound system. Ours is blue and silver. The yellow one was from Tulsa.
Yes we were there with our sunday-school class on a retreat.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okie Boy - Welcome to the forum!! Do you drive your smart in the winter, if so; could you share some of your impressions about the car on snow and ice?
We are just finishing a ice and sleet storm and the smart did very well. I had no choice but to drive it because my Jeep Cherokee was in the shop for some repairs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello All :wave:. I just found the Oklahoma site :cool:. I have an 06 450 :smartje.rd.zw:. We're here in Nacoma Park right now. We'll be leaving around Aug or Sept heading for Yuma Az :p for the winter. (My Wife and I are full time Rvers.) I see that there's one here has a 450. I've only talked to two people that has the 451. There's a few things I would like to learn about our little Smartie. So far I'm the only that has serviced it. I'm am going to take to a shop to have the A/C recharged :mad:. I don't have any gauges to do A/C's. I hear a lot of the 450 folks brag about gas mileage. I don't seem to be getting the mileage they talk about, but then they may not drive like do. (I passed a Border Patrol :naughty:eek:n US 95 just north of Yuma Az doing about 85 :eek:. Yeah, he stopped me, but all he could do was chew me out. :D) Well it's getting late. Got to hit the sack :nighty:, I need to get up early tomorrow. Take care all. Hippie101

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, Okie Boy I'm in Tulsa and just bought a blue and silver cabrio. I am trying to connect with people who are interested in the caravan to Kansas City in June of 2010.

Annie1250

·
Registered
19 Posts
Howdy Oklahomans. The Wichita Smart Car Club would like to get together with the Oklahoma City Smarts and the Tulsa area Smarts for a lunch somewhere that is a short drive for everyone. Ponca City has been suggested and the date for this event has been tenatively set for Halloween day (a saturday). We are wondering if you'd like to get on board? We've been meeting regularly here in Wichita with about 10 cars participating each time. Surprisingly each time we meet there are new participants. We have 65 known cars registered in our area. The prospects of 3 groups meeting in one town might draw out even more cars.

What say you Oklahoma?

Dan - [email protected]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts