Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone:

I recently joined and wanted to say "hi". I guess my dealer will be in Devon? I do not know for sure and would like to know.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, your dealer will be Smart in Devon. Mercedes of Devon has a web site. You can email Tom Lathbury or Margy. They are really nice people.

I was there on Monday and took a test drive in their Smart. The car is great. I was amazed at the finish quality of the car. Also fun to drive. It is a Eurpoean model that is as close to the American model that they could bring over. It doesn't have the paddle shifters but that seemed to be the only difference.

Call Tom or Margy and go take a test drive. (610.687.1500). They will be the largest dealer on the East Coast. They are really excited about the car. I have a really good feeling that they will be tops in sales and service.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
mfoster, I live close to York, PA. Actually somewhat southwest of York, a few miles from the Mason-Dixon Line. So, it could be either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Smartie1 and everyone else,
I am another Smart car fan from York, PA. I can't wait to see one! I haven't reserved one yet.....I'm not sure why, just haven't.....I am currently driving a Dodge Durango gas hog and plan to trade it in on a Smart hopefully in spring 2008.....I live in Dover, PA. so I guess the dealer I need to talk to is also in Devon, PA? I think ALL south central PA SMART CAR fans should get together somewhere! :^)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dear SmartMark:

I live in Spring Grove and commute to Elizabethtown in a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.9. I know what you me by a gas hog!! I have to run premium in the old 360 too. I am spending 70 plus dollars in gas twice a week. I cannot wait to get the smart. I hope you get yours soon too! Nice to hear someone else in the area is interested in these cars also. I wish we had a dealer a little closer. Nice talking with you.

John

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
My brother-in-law and I both reserved two weeks apart, end of May-mid June, both live in Harrisburg. He's doing a black/black/leather and I'm doing a white/silver/leather. We're hoping delivery at the same time so we can take the train to Devon (station is within walking distance of the dealership). We hope to take route 30 and back roads back home(following Amish buggies). Don't care how long it takes.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hello Smartie1 and everyone else,
I am another Smart car fan from York, PA. I can't wait to see one! I haven't reserved one yet.....I'm not sure why, just haven't.....I am currently driving a Dodge Durango gas hog and plan to trade it in on a Smart hopefully in spring 2008.....I live in Dover, PA. so I guess the dealer I need to talk to is also in Devon, PA? I think ALL south central PA SMART CAR fans should get together somewhere! :^)
Whoa, SmartMark. You need to reserve your smart right away! You will not be able to just walk into a smart dealer and get one, unless you are extremely lucky. They will not be keeping any extra inventory at the smart Centers, just demos. Every car is custom ordered by its buyer. All reservations to date have been taken via the internet on their website - www.smartusa.com - since none of the dealers are actually open yet.

A hearty welcome to both SmartMark and smartie1!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Congratulations from Delaware County. Have had my smart since August.
Saw 3 the same day I went to pick it up. Have only seen 1 since then.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts