Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I can't wait to do my test drive later this month, it should be a blast, I've been looking forward to this for quite awhile. I'm close to the end of the tour (it's been a long summer for me) so you early tourgoers have had it easy :p

Thoughts and comments from other people who have done the test drive already are appreciated. I'd like to know how you thought the fortwo handled...how did it feel when going over bumps?

A smart in London - Sept 07, pic taken w/ my blackberry:

I wonder why the steering wheel is on the left side???

·
Registered
931 Posts
The just posted that the location for the Miami Tour will be right in my backyard - Town Center in Boca Raton. I feel like I finally got a break in this anxiety adventure. :D

Perhaps the south FL smarties can get together for a lunch at the food court?

·
Registered
17 Posts
SMART CENTER of Palm Beach

Hi all!! Work for Mercedes Benz here in WPB and I am soon to be the Sales MGR/ Sales associate for the SMARTs. Going to DC for a conference and I hope to have a lot of question answered that I have to pass on to all of you in and out of FL. So if you would like to post, email, or just say hi, I would love to hear from you. :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Also from fl

I'm north of NSB so would probably be called from JAX but sure wish they would call. Clark Howard said on his radio show yesterday that the Smart Car will only get 40 mpg. I have heard everything from 40 to 70. Can anyone really tell the true average. I drive 95 /80 miles a day and want more than 40mpg. My husband thinks the ford focus would be a better choice since the 2008 is going to get 36 and it would be more car if it is only 40mpg. I want the Smart. I have seen this car for three years in Europe. We rented the four seater several years ago but want the passion. You see these on the autobahn and they keep up!

·
Super Moderator
28,912 Posts
Hi Pat,

I looked at the Focus long and hard; it's rated at 35 mpg on the highway. Other than the hybrids, the only thing close to the smart fortwo is the Toyota Corolla 4 cyl, 1.8 L, Manual 5-spd, which gets 37 mpg on the highway (and takes regular gas). However, it's still dragging around a back seat and a trunk, which most of us never use. Both of these are good cars but the smart makes more sense for one person traveling, will get at least 40 mpg (maybe more - test figures haven't been released yet) on the highway, and by the time you add the standard smart safety features to either the Focus or the Corolla they'll cost more than a fortwo passion coupe. So stick to your guns! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts