Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! My fiance and I just bought a black Cabrio. Literally, he just bought it. I'm really excited. I've taken a few of them out and I can't wait for our first 'longer' road trip. The fact that we can get to Chicago on $30 worth of gas... may just make us take a trip over to the Windy City. Anyways, look forward to getting to know more about my awesome new car and about you folks as well :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
From the Motor City to the Windy City

Hello, for a fellow Michigan Smart owner. I've had my cabrio since January and have driven it to Chicago and back all in one day at least once. That journey really helped me realize how badly I missed having a cruise control. I also was lucky to be one of the first to get my Cruise Control from Area 451. That has been a WONDERFUL addition, and I'd recommend it to everybody that ever plans to drive long stretches at a time. I was a wee bit worried about whether I had the mechanic know-how to install it myself, but their instructions made it very simple. I cannot believe how much nicer those long drives are now and how I no longer am guilty of letting my speed drop down, and then get too high and constantly trying to 'correct it'. After ten hours of driving in a day, it's wonderful to have that option and it's easily worth every penny they are charging.

Enjoy your trip. You'll be amazed at how many people will be checking you and your little car out all the way there and back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts