Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2014 smart ED. Still has 10 months on the warranty. ?

Very excited. Of course I got it home just in time for a wicked cold snap which reduces mileage. Luckily I just need to get to mass transit and back so I'm fine.

I am concerned about service. Looks like the closest smart service center is around 35 miles away - right into the vicious, sucking black hole of NOVA traffic locally known as Tysons. My local MB dealer said "oh, we can't work on those, they are too small for our lifts." ?

I did confirm that my little cutie got the 20k service a few months ago. ?

Was just now out in the garage reading about how to open the front to check the wiper fluid. Too cold to mess with today. I'll check when it's warmer.

I've been reading about the BAP and the vagaries thereof. For what I paid, if it's not something I must continue (signed nothing to that effect upon purchase) I will likely assume the risk and pass.

·
Super Moderator
28,977 Posts
Welcome to SCoA! You'll find that only M-B dealers that sell or previously sold the smart can service your car; in your case, the ED would need to be serviced at a smart dealer selling EDs. :)

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Welcome from another Virginian! I bought my 2015 used last April. I had it serviced at MB of Tysons, who had just terminated their sales component. I shudder to think of having to drive to Germantown, given the traffic and the distance. I like my little ED, but given the way MB has all but turned its back on the vehicle, I don't think I'll get another.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called Tysons on Friday and left a message. I don't think I'd make it to Germantown or Bethesda. Well, maybe in the spring or fall, with a strong tail wind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts