Smart Car of America Forum banner

Hello Hampton Roads

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  WMEEK_4_2 
#1 ·
I'm new to the area...I've been a Minnesmarta member for years, and now I'm living in Chesapeake.

It would be fun to gather sometime in the next couple of weeks. I don't know where the "good" spots are yet. Any ideas for a meet and greet?

#2 · (Edited)
Art (ArthurRW) should be chiming in sometime (PM him if needed)...there use to be a cars and coffee there. I had a great time at the one there. small group since the center closed, but can always be resurrected...I hope you enjoy the area....still have your winter tires or did you sell them before you left?

also check some of the regulars in this section:
http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f150/

#3 ·
Welcome to the east coast.
In the past, during Feburary, those that could, got together in Williamsburg at a place called Doumars for lunch. The net says it is not there anymore. Time to find a new place.
In April, Germantown, Maryland has a Cherry Blossom Festival ride from their place to downtown DC. 40 some attended last year. 50 some the year before.
In May, we have done the ferry boat ride across the James to pick strawberries and have some ice cream and return.
Nothing is mandatory, everything is pay as you go, always opened for suggestions, and enjoy the day.
C U there

#5 · (Edited)
I'm trying to set up a run starting in Smithfield, we did one last year and hit 2 civil war forts, loaded a ferry and drove down the Colonial Parkway to Yorktown for lunch. There's a group that meets in Williamsburg for lunch and goes to Surry to pick strawberries followed by homemade ice cream (strawberry of course!). Around Christmas some of us get together to check out the lights. If you're up to it, in the fall there's a trip down skyline drive to look at the fall leaves. Any of these sound interesting to you?

WMEEKS wants to do lunch feb 11 2012 in Williamsburg, check the thread for updates

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.