Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I bought a 2013 smart car Brabus with 35k miles on it.
1) On my dash when I first turn the key on, without starting, I get a single wrench symbol flashing, and after about 30 seconds it stops and goes away. Is this a normal start-up thing or is it the service alarm?
2) After starting the engine, there is a whirring sound like a pump or fan is pushing hard. after about a minute it calms down and goes away. is this of concern or will I need a tune-up?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The single wrench is a service notification. You should also see a number with a minus sign before the wrench goes off that's the number of days overdue service.
The whirring noise is the secondary air pump - normal. :)
Awesome thank you! So for service, what do I need to do? I ask cuz I didn't get an owners manual with the car.

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 Brabus MY21 Bolt
8,096 Posts

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,820 Posts
It's yellow with a black wishbone. I think with the paint colors it looks like a little bumblebee (hence the username) but with the engine, it's a little hornet.
At some point in it's life, did it undergo a color change? The US spec Brabus was never offered in yellow. I am thinking your car was originally black and someone changed the panels.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At some point in it's life, did it undergo a color change? The US spec Brabus was never offered in yellow. I am thinking your car was originally black and someone changed the panels.
That I dont know. It was first purchased in Florida then went up the coast to Virginia. Where I found it. All of the interior looks original except for the radio and 12v plug, which was upgraded. The seats are black with a yellow stripe on the head rest that say smart on it and are leather. It also has seat covers to match. It was used as a Sunday driver. Everything looks in mint condition. A few micro scratches here and there but over all good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think it was custom made. All interior is yellow, bucket seats are yellow, and yellow stitching everywhere.

·
Super Moderator
8,096 Posts
I think it was custom made. All interior is yellow, bucket seats are yellow, and yellow stitching everywhere.
City Flame was a MY13 Limited Edition but did not carry Brabus badging.

I believe that yours is indeed “custom” possibly Tailor Made by Brabus?

Is there any “badging” on the little triangles in front of the L/R rear view mirrors?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
City Flame was a MY13 Limited Edition but did not carry Brabus badging.

I believe that yours is indeed “custom” probably Tailor Made by Brabus - very desirable!

Is there any “badging” on the little triangles in front of the L/R rear view mirrors?

There is a "B" badge everywhere! The steering wheel, gas tank door, doors, shifter knob, or in place of the smart car label would normally be. And in the triangle next to the mirrors.

·
Super Moderator
8,096 Posts
Please share a few pictures with us to include right side, front/rear, triangle badging & interior to include pedals.

Did you pick this up from a private party or dealer?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts