Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· 10Year+ Supporting Member
2009 Brabus Coupe
4,186 Posts
It's yellow with a black wishbone. I think with the paint colors it looks like a little bumblebee (hence the username) but with the engine, it's a little hornet.
At some point in it's life, did it undergo a color change? The US spec Brabus was never offered in yellow. I am thinking your car was originally black and someone changed the panels.

2009 Brabus Coupe
4,186 Posts
The give-a-way are the wheels. A "real" US spec Brabus had 15" front and 17" rear wheels. They were silver and the outer rim was smooth to the edge. This car has black wheels, all in 15" with a distinct raised edge on outer part of the rim. The only correct Brabus badges are the gas filler door, the triangles, and the grill badge. Where it has a Brabus badge on the hatch, it should say smart in chrome. The ones on the glove box, the shifter console, the center of the steering wheel, and fuel rail cover are all after market.

Certainly not bad mouthing the car, it is very pretty and well done, but it is not a Brabus, but a "City Flame".

2009 Brabus Coupe
4,186 Posts
There's a small "BRABUS" badge on the lower right of the trunk on a real BRABUS as well.
In his photo, only the upper part of the rear hatch is visible with the round "Brabus" badge showing. I don't know if the small badge is in the lower right corner or not. No matter, still a nice looking car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.