Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I bought a 2013 smart car Brabus with 35k miles on it.
1) On my dash when I first turn the key on, without starting, I get a single wrench symbol flashing, and after about 30 seconds it stops and goes away. Is this a normal start-up thing or is it the service alarm?
2) After starting the engine, there is a whirring sound like a pump or fan is pushing hard. after about a minute it calms down and goes away. is this of concern or will I need a tune-up?

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The single wrench is a service notification. You should also see a number with a minus sign before the wrench goes off that's the number of days overdue service.
The whirring noise is the secondary air pump - normal. :)
Awesome thank you! So for service, what do I need to do? I ask cuz I didn't get an owners manual with the car.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At some point in it's life, did it undergo a color change? The US spec Brabus was never offered in yellow. I am thinking your car was originally black and someone changed the panels.
That I dont know. It was first purchased in Florida then went up the coast to Virginia. Where I found it. All of the interior looks original except for the radio and 12v plug, which was upgraded. The seats are black with a yellow stripe on the head rest that say smart on it and are leather. It also has seat covers to match. It was used as a Sunday driver. Everything looks in mint condition. A few micro scratches here and there but over all good.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
City Flame was a MY13 Limited Edition but did not carry Brabus badging.

I believe that yours is indeed “custom” probably Tailor Made by Brabus - very desirable!

Is there any “badging” on the little triangles in front of the L/R rear view mirrors?

There is a "B" badge everywhere! The steering wheel, gas tank door, doors, shifter knob, or in place of the smart car label would normally be. And in the triangle next to the mirrors.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Nice.
the suspension is different on those with that trim.
So I take it the name bumblebee is taken?
I ask as that’s what I plan on naming mine when I change the panels to yellow and get the tridion wrapped in black.
Lol sound cool! I think it depends on the state, but yes in VA its taken by someone else. I have a different idea for my plate.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thanks for sharing pictures.

Interesting collection of “badging” BUT none typical of “built by Babus.”

Not sure exactly what you have???
Lol I've been trying to figure it out too. The engine does have the Brabus badge on top. So far I'm calling a custom car with a luxury engine. Easiest way of doing it😂.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Still a smart. One thing nobody has asked is what exhaust does it have? Single side or dual center? Brabus has center. You could add it, but you'd have to change the rear valence. And you don't appear to have the rear fender flares either. Looks like smart just fancied up a regular cabrio. But did a nice job of it. And it's definitely a rarer model, as such. Sharp interior, nice wheels.
It dose have the center dual exhaust. Best part about it. Accidentally challenge alot of sports/ricers with it just shifting😅😂

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.