Smart Car of America Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

· Registered
1,146 Posts
Nice.
the suspension is different on those with that trim.
So I take it the name bumblebee is taken?
I ask as that’s what I plan on naming mine when I change the panels to yellow and get the tridion wrapped in black.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Nice.
the suspension is different on those with that trim.
So I take it the name bumblebee is taken?
I ask as that’s what I plan on naming mine when I change the panels to yellow and get the tridion wrapped in black.
Lol sound cool! I think it depends on the state, but yes in VA its taken by someone else. I have a different idea for my plate.

· 10Year+ Supporting Member
2009 Brabus Coupe
4,186 Posts
The give-a-way are the wheels. A "real" US spec Brabus had 15" front and 17" rear wheels. They were silver and the outer rim was smooth to the edge. This car has black wheels, all in 15" with a distinct raised edge on outer part of the rim. The only correct Brabus badges are the gas filler door, the triangles, and the grill badge. Where it has a Brabus badge on the hatch, it should say smart in chrome. The ones on the glove box, the shifter console, the center of the steering wheel, and fuel rail cover are all after market.

Certainly not bad mouthing the car, it is very pretty and well done, but it is not a Brabus, but a "City Flame".

· Registered
1,146 Posts
If I didn’t live on a gravel road(not that I wouldn’t clean it up before a show) I wouldn’t mind getting that to show off.
Otherwise it would be covered in dust the majority of the time.
I completely forgot about the wheels being different.(doh!)

· Registered
603 Posts
The give-a-way are the wheels. A "real" US spec Brabus had 15" front and 17" rear wheels. They were silver and the outer rim was smooth to the edge. This car has black wheels, all in 15" with a distinct raised edge on outer part of the rim. The only correct Brabus badges are the gas filler door, the triangles, and the grill badge. Where it has a Brabus badge on the hatch, it should say smart in chrome. The ones on the glove box, the shifter console, the center of the steering wheel, and fuel rail cover are all after market.

Certainly not bad mouthing the car, it is very pretty and well done, but it is not a Brabus, but a "City Flame".
There's a small "BRABUS" badge on the lower right of the trunk on a real BRABUS as well.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.