Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals....new here, joined many Smart Car forums searching for answers etc and to find interesting ways to make it better. I have 2 now...lol...yes I've been infected...! Both 2005 450 diesels, One in neon green which hasn't seen any or few days of salt and another I bought as a parts car but, as I get into it, I'm thinking winter beater...lol. Maybe a lift and simply making it dependable without spending too much. I plan on driving to the Arctic Ocean next June so the summer car had better be very ready. It will be towing a coffin sized trailer as a camper...lol. The car will have more room inside it I fear...lol. A small covered wagon shaped trailer, with a light weight steel roof instead of canvas...the mental bear barrier...lol.
I am now changing reluctor rings, deleting the EGR system, servicing the clutch actuator. Then going after the good bits to steal for the summer car, electric mirrors, all the centre consol CD holder, cubby holders....and double cup holder. It also has heated seat I think....but I guess the should stay in the winter car...lol. Plenty of stuff to get done before the cold weather hits.
One thing I am wanting to do is make my own exhaust from a stepped glasspac type muffler, no folded seams to split or rust! Any ideas?

Thanks

Willys

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi guys and gals....new here, joined many Smart Car forums searching for answers etc and to find interesting ways to make it better. I have 2 now...lol...yes I've been infected...! Both 2005 450 diesels, One in neon green which hasn't seen any or few days of salt and another I bought as a parts car but, as I get into it, I'm thinking winter beater...lol. Maybe a lift and simply making it dependable without spending too much. I plan on driving to the Arctic Ocean next June so the summer car had better be very ready. It will be towing a coffin sized trailer as a camper...lol. The car will have more room inside it I fear...lol. A small covered wagon shaped trailer, with a light weight steel roof instead of canvas...the mental bear barrier...lol.
I am now changing reluctor rings, deleting the EGR system, servicing the clutch actuator. Then going after the good bits to steal for the summer car, electric mirrors, all the centre consol CD holder, cubby holders....and double cup holder. It also has heated seat I think....but I guess the should stay in the winter car...lol. Plenty of stuff to get done before the cold weather hits.
One thing I am wanting to do is make my own exhaust from a stepped glasspac type muffler, no folded seams to split or rust! Any ideas?

Thanks

Willys
Hey stranger! Yup no need for heated seats around these parts today!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep or the next week or so, so the weather girl said last night......maybe i should be working on my scuba gear instead...lol....nope don't have any but it sure would be better suited for the heat...lol

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
welcome!

Welcome...don't forget to share pics! :smartje.wt.zw::smartje.wt.zw::smartje.wt.zw::smartje.wt.zw::smartje.wt.zw::smartje.wt.zw:

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
Welcome to our asylum! There are fewer 450 owners here than clubsmartcar, but we're just as crazy! :D

Welcome...don't forget to share pics! :smartje.wt.zw: :smartje.wt.zw: :smartje.wt.zw: :smartje.wt.zw: :smartje.wt.zw: :smartje.wt.zw:
Woah, that's a name I haven't seen in a bit. Welcome back! ♥♥

Reactions: GetSmrt28277
1 - 7 of 7 Posts