Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allow me to say hello to the forum. Rob here and I have a 2005 Smart4two Diesel...YES I said diesel. I bought it in Florida where I live. Its registered in Fla and I drive it everywhere.....Till I got married...lol. My wife is less than enthused about it and she has rode and drove it many times. It has sat in my driveway for a few months now till the battery died. I charged it, But now it wont crank up. All the lights come on and the battery checks ok. It just wont try to turn over. I would love some input on this issue. I know its a unique car for this forum, but im sure im in the right place.

Thank you
Robert Peterson

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome first I would start with the simple stuff look and see if the clutch actuator is working make sure you have around 12.7 volts at the battery I know diesels have glow plugs so those use a lot of power have you tried starting it with a charger hooked up?

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Battery has most likely gone bad. Measuring the voltage is not quite accurate because of “surface charge”. Instructions for testing a battery on the Toyota Prius involves having a charged battery, engine off turn on the high beams for 30 seconds, (to remove the surface charge), then testing the battery voltage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts