Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,

I was wondering if anyone has an inexpensive 2008 front 9-spoke rim for sale and would be willing to ship it to Fargo, ND.

Due to weather and road conditions up here, my husband hit a pothole and bent our right front rim. The tire will not hold any air whatsoever. I don't have a lot to be able to spend on this so a lot of the eBay auctions are out of the question and there is no way I can afford the $300+ that a smart center wants for an OEM rim.

I only need the one.

Any assistance would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

Macy

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I have been searching for a couple hours.

The cheapest I have found on eBay is $139.99 + $24.99 shipping. smart center Rochester (MN) wants $317.40, unmounted and didn't specify how much they'd charge to ship it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I tried a search on car-part.com using 2008, smart fortwo, wheel and Midwest for the search, then picked the 9-spoke 15x4-1/2; that turned up one in Missouri for $100, and 2 in Michigan for $125 - plus shipping, I'm sure. If there's anything else you want, you might see if one of those junkyards has it. I got one of the 9-spoke fronts and the tachometer/clock for $175 + tax that way.
-Bob

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried a search on car-part.com using 2008, smart fortwo, wheel and Midwest for the search, then picked the 9-spoke 15x4-1/2; that turned up one in Missouri for $100, and 2 in Michigan for $125 - plus shipping, I'm sure. If there's anything else you want, you might see if one of those junkyards has it. I got one of the 9-spoke fronts and the tachometer/clock for $175 + tax that way.
-Bob
:D Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

My husband contacted the seller in Missouri and he still has the rim for $100 and will ship it to us for $15. He's also willing to hold it until my husband gets paid on Friday. Once we get it, it will be $16 to have our tire mounted on the new rim locally. That is much more affordable than any other option we have found!

Thanks again!

Macy

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
You should also check for a local "Alloy Wheel Repair" in your area.
Get in touch with your largest local body shop for contact info?

They should be able to get the old wheel back into shape for use as a spare?

OR, to resell and get some of your money back?

I know the one in my area only charges $30-$50 as long as the wheel is only bent and not cracked or broken?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You should also check for a local "Alloy Wheel Repair" in your area.
Get in touch with your largest local body shop for contact info?

They should be able to get the old wheel back into shape for use as a spare?

OR, to resell and get some of your money back?

I know the one in my area only charges $30-$50 as long as the wheel is only bent and not cracked or broken?
I have checked with a few repair shops in my area and none of them are willing to repair it. From what I have been told, due to the frigid temperatures up here, a repair would most likely crack and I'd end up replacing it anyway. I will just save the old rim, clean it up, and use it for something creative. :D

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:D Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

My husband contacted the seller in Missouri and he still has the rim for $100 and will ship it to us for $15. He's also willing to hold it until my husband gets paid on Friday. Once we get it, it will be $16 to have our tire mounted on the new rim locally. That is much more affordable than any other option we have found!

Thanks again!

Macy
The rim came in late Thursday night (shipping was only $10!), we had it mounted and balanced yesterday, and installed it today. Everything is back in working order! Thank you all again for your help!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts