Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im Trey this is my first time to the sight. My 08 broke the worm gear or spiral gear in the clutch actuator. I got it towed home checked out the old one need to be replaced. I bought a new one installed it and I am having this problem. When you turn the ignition to position 1, it show P then 3 dashes. I tried to get it to relearn or rethink but I am unable to figure it out. Any suggestion will greatly be helpful.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i just had the same thing on my 08 gear broke off about 1/2 in on it and i could not start the car i am getting to old to do it myself so $1000 later i will pick up car tomorrow $721 for part Did you mark the position of the old one to place the new one in same position i have heard that there is some wiggle room for the placement also have you disconected the battery for 30 min then re try the reteach of tranny good luck i am sure many other will chime in with more hints as there are some very SMART people on the site

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything is lined up as the old one I did not disconnect the battery I will give that a try thanks

·
Premium Member
11,310 Posts
I am guessing mine has the same problem with the broken gear, just avoiding crawling under there to get the bad news.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts