Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I been looking around has anyone tried the 4x100 adapter? Or the 5x112 and what issues will I run into with Fitment..

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,780 Posts
I have seen a few 451's with those adaptors. The main issue I have found is the owner tries to use a generic factory wheel with no concern for the offsets. They usually end up with the wheel and tire a little outside the fender line. I have 7.5 by 17 wheels on my car, but in the stock three bolt design. I have managed to get the flush with fender edge look by using wheel spacers. By careful selection of spacers, you can get the look you are after. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen a few 451's with those adaptors. The main issue I have found is the owner tries to use a generic factory wheel with no concern for the offsets. They usually end up with the wheel and tire a little outside the fender line. I have 7.5 by 17 wheels on my car, but in the stock three bolt design. I have managed to get the flush with fender edge look by using wheel spacers. By careful selection of spacers, you can get the look you are after. Good luck.
Where did u get your rims? All the 3x112 rims are stock or over priced

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,780 Posts
My 2009 Brabus came with the rear 7.5x17's. I ordered two more for the front through the local M-B dealer who was still a smart dealer at the time. I paid $630.00 each for the front wheels.
You can get Genius brand wheels in 17" (3x112) for about $600.00 for four. I don't have a link to their website, but another member probably does and will post it for you. Genius offers the 17" in two styles and both black or silver finishes. They may be something you will like. Good luck in your search and welcome to the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts