Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a winner in January of an Ed Hardy Smart Car....it is a very unlikely car for a disabled person...It is beautiful but for someone younger that enjoys tattoos. I will be paying taxes on the retail price of this car of $41,500... would like to sell it and very willing to take much less as I have never driven it ...been in storage since winning.... anybody out there with any ideas for me...please answer me.......If I was in Western part of USA, I might decide to try it out... I have seen a few in Packer country , but in cold weather..... and my age against me.....Please give me some ideas ....Thank You Toppy :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Don't know about Ed but im familiar with Oliver

First of all congratulations for winning a smart car. If you sincerely believe that if you lived more west that you would try it out then why would you not try it where you live?
I don't know how disabled you are, so I really can't say anything here.
Do you still drive at all?
If you do and you have an opportunity to drive the smart, it may very well bring a smile on your face.
I'm not familiar with the name Ed Hardy so I won't even go into that...but that the car's value is $41,000 escapes me. Could there have been a typo?
$14,500 sounds more reasonable to me. In that case you could advertise it on ebay or Amazon or perhaps even Autoweek.
Owning and driving the smart will surely warm your cockles however... regardless where you live and it will open up new avenues for you because you will be asked by strangers frequently. These have been my experiences.

I see the pictures and the car looks sharp...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your comments.......Yes, I still can drive and know how much fun it would be, ..Please go to Smart Times magazine the August 2008 issue where the car is featured....Ed Hardy apparently is the World's greatest tatoo artist..so we are told the car is signed and numbered by Cristian Audiger also....I guess he is a great fashion designer.....The price is $41,500 because of the $22,000 upgrades added to my #7 of 100 made. I will consider much less and if we don't sell it, I guess our Grandkids will have quite a time with it also. :confused: Toppy

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Wow ...with all these additions it is obviously much more than $14,500 yet $41,500 sounds a bit high.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as West coast area....I thought by posting there , I would possibly get answer or someone interested in that area. I guess I should go back in and change it to my Packer area, right ??? Thanks for showing where someone could go to check out upgrades to the ED HARDY Smart.

·
17,379 Posts
Hmmm... I saw this ride on YouTube! Sounds like a sweet ride but as a teen one doesn't have to much $$$.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
Honestly, I'd put it on eBay with a BuyItNow of $21k. That's just me. Don't think you'd sit on it too long. $22k if you go through a local eBay seller and let them deal with the hassle of selling a car through eBay.

·
Super Moderator
11,297 Posts
unfortunately, the used car market on a smart is quite low, even with an Ed Hardy Edition unless you find a collector or maybe a tattoo parlor to use it for advertising.
Toppy still has the car and I believe her grandchildren are driving it as she couldn't get what she wanted for it. Last I heard it was still in Milwaukee WI.

What are you thinking for a price?? just curious

1 - 14 of 14 Posts