Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Sad... a day late. A Dollar short. All the king horses, and the king men. Won’t bring the smart brand, successful here again.

No advertisement from the from the mother ship. On the new model. Lack of a variety of product. One niche vehicle. A ED now, only offer, at limited dealerships. Where’s the forfour, I would have bought, in a heart beat?

smart videoed the whole 2010 National event here in KC. The largest event in NA. Corporate was here. They did nothing with it, to promote brand, when smart was at least selling cars here.
I guess we're "HATERS" because we have stated the obvious.
Park Service closed Hoover Dam to the public for Jam on the Dam ll, we only had 120-130 smarts lined up along the Top of the Hoover Dam, helicopter overhead filming and a few other small film crews. One cameraman rode in my convertible filming the "convoy" to and from Primm the day before. Never saw anything about it.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
I guess we're "HATERS" because we have stated the obvious.
Park Service closed Hoover Dam to the public for Jam on the Dam ll, we only had 120-130 smarts lined up along the Top of the Hoover Dam, helicopter overhead filming and a few other small film crews. One cameraman rode in my convertible filming the "convoy" to and from Primm the day before. Never saw anything about it.

Did corporate smart video the dam event? That would have made a great advertising.

The 2012 Nationals here in KC. Corporate smart chipped in $10k for the Banquet. Our dealership Aristocrat Motor, donated, $5k for the parade of 210 cars. Plus hosted a large bbq dinner, at the dealership.
There had smart train technicians, did demo panel switches. Demonstrate visual technical info on the product. Answered question. Bought in the new EV smart Proto type. The new CEO and her assistants, smart spoke here. It was shown on all 3 TV networks here. Plus the news paper. Why spend all that money. If your not going to promote your brand. The energy for the brand was there.

I been watching lately, on You Tube. How the Europeans embrace the the smart car. Large smart time events, and rallies. Reviews on the forfour. The mono colored Brabus fortwo. Real ones, Taylor made exclusive. With actual Power. NA got none of that here.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Yes, corporate sent out Eric Angeloro who drove in the caravan with us in an orange paneled smart from LA area to Boulder City. They had a film crew who went up and down the rows of cars on the dam on skate boards as well as interviewing individual owners. Corporate also sponsored the meet & greet and Smartmadness sponsored the raffle. The former smart Center in Las Vegas did not sponsor either of the 2 Jam on the Dams. Sadly, all of this enthusiasm has disappeared. Sin City Smarts is no more & Jimmy who organized both Jam on the Dams & the Bash on the Bridge has no further interest in getting involved with smart cars as a club. By the way, corporate gave him the orange panels & Madness did some further customization on his car, which he still has.
I was asked and am seriously thinking about doing another event at Hoover Dam with the So Cal Smarties. It would have to be a scaled down event as I doubt that I would get near the participation that took place before. I would not be able to get the traffic on the dam closed as that requires that a permit be purchased and to put a photographer up in a heliocopter near the dam is also costly. I also wouldn't be able to do a raffle as Madness so longer seems to be interested & I don't want to ask Penske-smart West Covina to do more as they have already gone overboard along with corporate by sponsoring a recent 10 year anniversary party and raffle for the So Cal Smarties. If anyone in the LV area wants to get involved with organizing another tour to the area, please let me know and then sign-up to join So Cal Smarties at: www.meetup.com/socalsmarties. Membership is free as long as you own a smart car.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yes, corporate sent out Eric Angeloro who drove in the caravan with us in an orange paneled smart from LA area to Boulder City. They had a film crew who went up and down the rows of cars on the dam on skate boards as well as interviewing individual owners. Corporate also sponsored the meet & greet and Smartmadness sponsored the raffle. The former smart Center in Las Vegas did not sponsor either of the 2 Jam on the Dams. Sadly, all of this enthusiasm has disappeared. Sin City Smarts is no more & Jimmy who organized both Jam on the Dams & the Bash on the Bridge has no further interest in getting involved with smart cars as a club. By the way, corporate gave him the orange panels & Madness did some further customization on his car, which he still has.
I was asked and am seriously thinking about doing another event at Hoover Dam with the So Cal Smarties. It would have to be a scaled down event as I doubt that I would get near the participation that took place before. I would not be able to get the traffic on the dam closed as that requires that a permit be purchased and to put a photographer up in a heliocopter near the dam is also costly. I also wouldn't be able to do a raffle as Madness so longer seems to be interested & I don't want to ask Penske-smart West Covina to do more as they have already gone overboard along with corporate by sponsoring a recent 10 year anniversary party and raffle for the So Cal Smarties. If anyone in the LV area wants to get involved with organizing another tour to the area, please let me know and then sign-up to join So Cal Smarties at: www.meetup.com/socalsmarties. Membership is free as long as you own a smart car.
I got to know Jimmy R. pretty well when I had my first yellow/black smart cabriolet and belonged to Sin City Smarts.
I remember him standing on the tailgate of his smart, in the parking lot of the Hacienda Hotel, giving the drivers briefing.
Sadly, I sold the car about 6 months later to cover some upcoming medical expenses. After a few motorcycles in between I bought my second smart.
There isn't any local clubs here as the novelty :smartje.bl.zl: has passed and the dealership DROPPED the smart brand.
Sounds like Eric Angeloro jumped ship for Cadillac
LOS ANGELES – Cadillac is trying to regain its prominence, and one way to do that beyond producing worthy vehicles is by putting the customer front and center, says Eric Angeloro, a new-age marketer for the General Motors luxury brand. Eric Angeloro

21 - 25 of 25 Posts