Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am an unlucky owner of a Smart Roadster Coupe, year 2003. Everything was fine until the well known leak problems started to affect the SAM..... unstable beams, ignition relay intermitent fails.... and the list goes on and on....
Anyway I got a virginised SAM and I was able to pair it with my Smart with Xentry (I have a friend with Xentry 9.2014).

Next step will be pairing the keys, tempomat, softouch and paddles..... the 2 questions I have is:

1- I need to code anything else, like air con, heated seats? If so, where is the menu for that?

2- When I turn the key in first position, the low beams, tail lights and cluster lights come on instantly... very strange.... maybe the SAM assumed I have light sensors, which I don't... where can I turn that off?

Thanks in advance for your help

·
Super Moderator
28,979 Posts
Welcome to SCoA! Have you checked the Evilution site and the UK or EU smart forums. The roadster was never sold in the US so not a lot of knowledge on that model here. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much jwight!

I didn't know that....anyway, Roadster is just the same as the Fortwo 450 electronically speaking.... my SAM came from a 450 :) The Xentry coding will be exactly the same.... the difficulty is that I am not familiar with Xentry and could not find this menus.....

I already talked to Kane from Evilution, i am a member... he gave me the light sensor idea but he doesnt know how to shut off the option....

Sorry for my english :)

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,768 Posts
....anyway, Roadster is just the same as the Fortwo 450 electronically speaking....

Sorry for my english :)
Welcome to SCoA.

No need to apologize for your English. We are envious of the "smart toys" only available to our friends across the pond.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Unfortunately, this site won't be much help to you. As jwight said, the Roadster was never sold here, so nobody really has any experience with it.

That being said, you might try and contact Smart Madness. I know they have a Roadster they have been working on. Maybe their tech has some insight for you.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I realy regret of saying I have a Roadster because for this particular case it doesnt really matter at all!!! As said the SAM is exactly the same, I got my nem SAM from a 2004 Fortwo.... please ignore the fact that is a Roadster :D Anyway thank you for the tip

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,768 Posts
Remember too that anything other than smart 451/453 in the states is "gray market" with no M-B support. There are a few Canadian members on SCoA who speak fluent 450.

Also, may want to Google the two Canadian smart forums?

But if Kane doesn't know...

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
The SAM is usually programmed by way of a on-line connection to the Mercedes server. The SDS diagnostic tool looks up the data card, which is the build sheet that lists the options for that particular VIN. If I remember correctly there is a menu item on the SDS main menu after the vehicle is identified, either by manual entry or by reading the VIN, that is for modifications and retrofits. That requires a on-line connection to the Mercedes server to update the data card and obtain the codes to allow the changes. If there is a way for a cloned SDS to work around that without a on-line connection I do not know what it is. There is another menu item that may be called actuations that enables some options, but that may also need a code.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think that would be in more recent versions.... to activate most of the options, the only thing needed in these "old" Smarts is the TAN Codes.... there is a patch available that overrides the need of that code input.... i have that.... the only thing i dont know is where to disable this function....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts