Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
I have a question that I hope someone can help me with in regards to my 2011 Passion Smart 4two.

I live in Canada and the other day my car would not start in -20 however when it did a few days later I could not get it out of park. I played around with it and found that I could stick a screw driver under the gear shifter and pop the break light switch and get it into gear and drive without break lights. Anyway, fast forward to today. I order a new battery as it was due for replacement and break light switch. I installed them both however now the ABS light and the Traction control light are turned on and my stereo does not work. It's a touch screen one with GPS, it just wont turn on. Everything else on the car seems to work. Anyone know why changing the battery would turn those lights on and why the stereo is turned off?

·
Super Moderator
17,738 Posts
Take the terminals off the battery, let it sit for 30 minutes, then put them back on. I had that happen when I got a new battery for my 2012. Not entirely sure what caused it but doing that certainly resolved it. Also make sure the grounds are installed where applicable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts