Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I was unloading the smart from my big truck today a sharp edge on the ramp messed up my under belie splash guard and a plastic box?. I cant figure out what it is to buy a new one. Its located on the under side of the car under the drivers seat and as far to the rocker panel as it can be. its also just to the rear of where the front splash panel and the rear panel meet. It looks like a air filter box from a quad 4 wheeler LOL a sticker on it says DAYCO ?????So what is it Guru's of all that is Smart lol

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
All I can add here is in a Smart For Two copy which was made for me, that the Subgroup: UNDERRUN PROTECTION and Picture number B52070000047 will show the rear splash guard.
I have no idea about any box though.
Your issue reminds me that I owe MB a phone call, for they were to get back to me about ordering clips which hold the splash guard in place. So much for their concern about my clips.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
So when I was unloading the smart from my big truck today a sharp edge on the ramp messed up my under belie splash guard and a plastic box?. I cant figure out what it is to buy a new one. Its located on the under side of the car under the drivers seat and as far to the rocker panel as it can be. its also just to the rear of where the front splash panel and the rear panel meet. It looks like a air filter box from a quad 4 wheeler LOL a sticker on it says DAYCO ?????So what is it Guru's of all that is Smart lol
I think you have torn up the charcoal canister and vapor recovery system for the fuel tank..:eek:
That could be costly...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I got the underbelly splash protector part figured out its around 130.00 bucks. I need to find out what that black box is to order one. I have a feeling BARNY O is right about the carbon canister. I need to get some ramps so I can get my big head under there to get a better look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts