Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any tips/tricks to get the ultragauge more accurate for fuel mileage? I just filled up and fuelly says 28.9mpg and ultragauge reads 35.7mpg. I set it up like I found on the forums (1l engine and 10gal fuel tank.) and while I was at 1/4 tank on dash I was at just under half tank on gauge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
Anyone have any tips/tricks to get the ultragauge more accurate for fuel mileage? I just filled up and fuelly says 28.9mpg and ultragauge reads 35.7mpg. I set it up like I found on the forums (1l engine and 10gal fuel tank.) and while I was at 1/4 tank on dash I was at just under half tank on gauge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UltraGauge OBDII Scan Tool User Manuals

·
Registered
271 Posts
I set my UltraGauge on my 451 for 8.7 gallons. Why would anyone set it for more than the tank capacity?

If you use enough fuel between fill-ups, the gauge will reset the tank as full automatically. If you top the tank when it is only a little low, you will have to manually set the tank as full.

I only use 4 functions, all on one screen; Instant MPG, Average MPG, Water Temp, Voltmeter.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Using around 8.7 gallons as the fuel tank size my gauge is almost always pessimistic. Around 9 gallons may be better for accuracy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts