Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help my front Speakers stopped working all of them except the sub oddly. Anyone know what could be causing this? 2008 smart passion cabrio

·
Registered
625 Posts
That’s very strange. The radio and interiors lights are on the same fuse in a 451 (fuse #15), but if your sub is working, that’s most likely not the cause. I suppose it’s possible your speakers both failed, but that’s unlikely they would both fail at once.

Best guess, It sounds like your radio may have gone wonky.

·
Registered
625 Posts
You could try the reset that worked for nheaton’s radio.

Hold the power button for 15 seconds. The radio should turn off. Then hit the button again and we of it turns on and works normally again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies everyone! I did find out the issue that same night i hit a large bump on the road and my speakers started working for a split second... so I figured there must be something shorting it so i started banging around my car like an ape that has lost his **** and walla something in my dashboard is shorting my speakers! Lol so weird... on my passenger side i slammed my hand as hard as i could on the dash and now they work beautifully again now i just need a guide to somehow open and inspect what causing that short...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts